Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh the plight of a single woman.

I just washed my face at the kitchen sink. It felt wrong. Really wrong. Like I had failed.


You see, about three days ago my bathroom sink got stuck. Note: not clogged. Stuck. The little silver plug is now permanently embedded into the porcelain sink area.


Day One: I tried to pry the plug loose with my fingernails. A good plan but surprisingly unsuccessful. Alas, the plug was stronger than I. I proceed to wash my face and let the water accumulate in the sink hoping it will be gone when I wake up.


Day Two: Still left over water in the sink from the night before. I proceed to attempt the fingernail approach again. Surprisingly still unsuccessful. I continue to wash my face in the sink and ignore the rising water line.


Day Three (today): It is now 10:55pm. I just got home from a very stressful class in Rogers. One that ended with a group project meeting where I suddenly became stubborn and knew it but couldn’t stop myself. I left frustrated with the group and with myself. I come home to discover that I cannot wash my face in the sink because the sink is full of water. I decide to ignore the fact that this is actually quite gross and decide that it is time to unstick the plug. So with my ipod adjusted to Daddy Yankee and my flathead screwdriver in hand I lift my chin up high, march to the sink, and attempt to pry the plug loose. To no avail. I give up after about 5 minutes of confused prying, quietly putting my ipod and screwdriver away. I slowly make my way to the kitchen sink with my Neutrogena face wash in hand. Defeat. Failure.


Oh the plight of a single woman.

I guess I’ll succumb and call my landlord tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!!! You are hilarious! I love how you made such a simple problem so dramatic, that takes serious skillz.

    Next time I'm in the Siloam metro area I'll come drill that crap out for ya.

    ReplyDelete