Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh! the questions.

Being jobless, I've discovered recently, is actually a very vulnerable state.
  1. Too much time to think: how am I to even begin to answer the questions of who I am and who I want to be? Of which jobs I would accept if offered and which ones I want to hold out for?
  2. Too many decisions to make about how to spend your time: do I spend every moment looking for jobs online? Do I get a temporary job even though I may get offered a full time job any day and would leave them just after being trained? Do I section off part of my day for job searching and part of the day discovering the quirks of Austin? Am I justified in spending money on anything other than internet access and groceries?
  3. Too many ironies: when I worked two jobs and was going to grad school, I was surrounded by several amazing friends who lived close by. Now my days are overrun by free time while I am in a new city.
  4. Too many options as to where to place my value: do I have purpose because I keep busy? Because I'm beginning to get interviews? Because I am trying to use my time to glorify the Lord even though I'm not even sure what that looks like? Because...>your answer here<...?
But I have decided that I am going to live each day to the fullest and that I am going to "decide to be happier than a bird with a french fry" as the saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment