Monday, October 10, 2011

20% more free

why is it that the conditioner bottle i have has 20% more product than my shampoo?

i've come to a conclusion - it's for people who were hardwired as i am. observe the dilemma:
i am coming to the end of my shampoo bottle but still have about 30% more conditioner left. i don't want to be wasteful, but i also have a really hard time using one brand or even specific kind of shampoo without it's nicely matching conditioner counterpart. what they want you to do is to then go out and buy shampoo thus making you a customer for life.

but i have fooled them.

i just keep the 30% left of conditioner and use it as shaving cream. either that or they just sit in my shower cluttering the sides ridiculously.

3 comments:

  1. It's all marketing (you know, the hot dog buns come in packages of 8 while hot dogs come in packages of 10).

    But there is a brilliant solution: Pert Plus, which now is shampoo, conditioner, and body wash all in one. For me, it ranks somewhere between antibiotics and the integrated circuit as one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century. I hear that they are working on a new special formula that includes toothpaste as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH I HATE THIS. And, conditioner - even if it were the exact same size bottle as the shampoo - lasts longer anyway!!!!

    I've been going through this one bottle of conditioner LITERALLY since Robyn's wedding. I think I need to remedy this.

    Also, your sidebar made me take the Enneagram test. I'm type 2. Surprised?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott, I think this kind of marketing is sneaky and I don't like it! I'm excited for the toothpaste discovery (gross.)

    Claire, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who suffers so! And yeah, the Enneagram had me at "The Helper" for you!

    ReplyDelete