Wednesday, November 25, 2009

small yellow bud - oh how you taunt me.

as i prepare to leave my little apartment for the thanksgiving holidays, i find myself stalling a bit. now don't get me wrong, i am so very excited to see my family, to eat my mother's amazing holiday staples (squash among other things i love!), to throw the football with my dad and brother, to go on bike rides, root for the cowboys, hand wash piles of dishes wearing my grandpa's really old apron, help put up the christmas tree while listening to the classic *nsync chrismas album amidst my dad and brother's over the top eye rolls. i'm even looking forward to the drive because the weather is absolutely stunning today.

i am dragging my heels because i have a bud on one of my flowers on my porch and i keep thinking that if i just wait a few minutes longer, it'll bloom. while this may be slightly crazy, i can't help but think what a shame it would be for me to come back sunday and it to have already bloomed and i missed it. what's that phrase? something about many a flower is destined to bloom unseen.

is it dumb that it makes me a bit sad?

back to packing. focus ardill.

No comments:

Post a Comment