Monday, July 27, 2009

love is in the air.

why i felt loved this week:

-a friend sent me the name of a new band she knew i'd like (even down to the track...she was right, of course).
-friend after generous friend buying me lunch or coffee or dinner or lunch or coffee and so on.
-my dad surprising me not once but twice with filling by filling up my car with gas.
-running into almost everyone who was at the party the night before at the local cafe the next morning completely by accident after rolling out of bed without makeup and it not mattering in the least.
-when i left fish city grill, everyone wished me a safe and fun trip and that they really meant it.
-when i tried to slip ever so gently into the slightly cold pool to play water volleyball, all three of my cousins and my brother proceeded to splash me and dunk me, respectively, until i was thoroughly soaked.
-i can be in a horrible mood and wake up the next day and my friend still likes me just as much.
-i have friends who know me enough to tell me to read a book because i'll love it. so i read the book and i do, indeed, love it.
-my friend made her roommate and i breakfast in bed...in her bed...and it was toast...that's love!
-when i travel i don't need to pack that much because i can just borrow everything - surely not everyone has good friends and mothers like that!
-when i come back to "my" new apartment, my new roommates say, "welcome home" and mean it.

1 comment:

  1. awwww, yay.
    you ARE loved. i missed you, and i'm glad you're back, lady.

    hopefully i'll see you soon. this week's crazy, but maybe we'll find some time.

    ReplyDelete