Sunday, August 2, 2009

babyface.

so i've been 25 for about 7 months and i think that i look my age, but inevitably as i'm sitting at a coffee shop doing something really important on my laptop and some awkward older man will mention to me that he is so happy to have days of writing papers and homework behind him. from there, as i see it, i have one of five options:

1.) ignore his stinging comment even though i've been out of college for 3 years.
2.) politely let him know that i am actually doing something really important and have been out of college for 3 years.
3.) curse under my breath that i've been out of college for 3 years.
4.) make an equally awkward comment about having been out of college for 3 years and how i'll appreciate looking younger than my age when i'm older.
5.) laugh to myself at a random man in the background who, upon emerging from the restroom has decided to stop and check himself out at the full length mirror including rolling and unrolling his t-shirt sleeves for several minutes completely unaware that i can see him from my chair.

i'm going to choose option 5 every time.

(i would like to dedicate this post to the beautiful kristin wood.)

1 comment:

  1. hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I am proud of you because well, the same options were rolling around in my head as you might imagine, and I um, pretty much love this post. :)

    ReplyDelete