Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happier than a bird.

I am a firm believer that you have not actually christened an apartment until you have had your first heaping plate of french fries there.

Because of this belief and my recent move to a new place, I decided that no matter the cost I would make this happen. I went to HEB and bought a medium sized package of frozen, non-seasoned crinkle fries.

I had a few obvious roadblocks and a one covert one.
Obvious Roadblock #1: I don't have a baking sheet - it's still safe and sound in storage.
Obvious Roadblock #2: My microwave is 1,000 years old (meaning that it does not work.)
Covert Roadblock #1: The large stove top burner sparked at me and began to get cooler, not hotter with time.

Solution - I put a significant portion of the frozen fries on a skillet and balanced it on the tiny and unstable burner. Although the fries were a bit burnt on the outside and still quite frozen in the middle, I am happy to report that my apartment is officially mine. Feel free to congratulate me in whatever way you deem appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment