Thursday, January 21, 2010

kitchen tales.

i seem to have a lot of potlucks in my life. much more now that i'm in austin than ever before. i wish this weren't a problem but i'm an experimental cook and rarely wish i had written down my recipe to repeat the offense.

i volunteered to make dessert for the future farmers gathering tonight. please no comments on my dinner companion choice.

robyn gave me this witty cookbook entitled sausepans and the single girl: bachelor-bait recipes and dazzling ideas for entertaining by jinx morgan and judy perry a while ago and i decided that it was time to try it out. not that i'm in the market for a man any more. i just think it's a funny book. and a funny concept. i feel like i'm digging myself in an unnecessary hole.

abrupt subject change.

so i misread 1/2 pounds of butter to be 1 1/2 pounds of butter. luckily i caught my mistake before going to my local h.e.b. or beginning the baking process. either way, though, does anyone else find it disconcerting that butter in the recipe is measured in pounds? maybe that's what makes the cookies taste so good?

the last future farmers meeting i brought really small crumbly shortbread cookies and had to leave before i saw anyone's reaction. surely cookies with pounds of butter will trump by previous contribution thus fooling people into believing i can cook.

only time will tell, my friend. only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment