Thursday, January 14, 2010

me - three years ago

as i was attempting to organize some files on my computer, i discovered a paper i wrote my senior year of college (dated january 16th 2006). this excerpt must be shared:

I respect originality and deep thinking. I respect doing things with excellence. I respect those who love the seemingly unlovable. I respect people who think differently than I do. I respect people who can fight the temptation to compartmentalize their life. I respect people who listen to non-mainstream music. I respect people with confidence. I respect people who read. I respect people who give others the benefit of the doubt. I respect consistency. I respect people who can wake up from naps in a good mood. I respect authenticity. I respect people who know more than one language. I respect people who can see outside their own lives and into the lives of others. I respect people who have figured out how grace and justice can coexist. I respect people who do not have anything to prove. I respect people who know Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance. And I respect honesty spoken in love.

i can't for the life of me remember what the assignment was!

No comments:

Post a Comment