Tuesday, May 25, 2010

gifted uniquely.

i feel as though i have a unique sense of humor and that has uniquely equipped me to work with some of the residents of the community i serve. observe:
me: how are you this morning?
resident: not good at all.
me: oh no! why not? what happened?
resident: i hate this trailer park.
me: why?
resident: well, because i can't swim.
and then i proceeded to grin the rest of the morning. i love missing lines of thinking. sometimes when someone asks me how i'm doing, i'd like to tell them matter of factly that i'm doing well because i had fish for dinner last week.

i also like using words in the wrong figure of speak. like making "fact" into an adverb as seen above. especially if you have to over-enunciate for the word to be understood and open your jaw really widely.

No comments:

Post a Comment