Saturday, May 15, 2010

what makes me smile.

to continue my list theme from last post, i would like to make a list of the things i can see from where i am currently sitting in my apartment that make me happy:

-small bluebird of happiness figurine
-my grandpa's old trunks
-my over-sized and slightly broken black and white clock
-the green straw in my brownish tinted hand-me-down glass
-my newest painted chair project
-my ever-growing pile of yellow books
-the poem on my wall rikki wrote out for me in a way only she could
-the font on the mug with a "j" on it
-that my counter is empty and freshly cleaned
-the birthday card on my refrigerator my parent's sent me this year
-the blooming wandering jew plant outside my window
-my cigar box filled with scrabble tiles
-the colors gray and purple together on my shelves turned side table
-the lime green frame my dad made me with left over wood from a project with claire
-the old lady lamp i traded brittney for a shirt at a garage sale we had
-the fact the most everything in my apartment has a story behind it

my how i am blessed.

2 comments: