Saturday, October 24, 2009

so put another dime in the jutebox baby.

my new found joy when i'm working on an art project is to listen to itunes - BUT instead of making a playlist or selecting a specific artist, lately i've been listening to all of my music on shuffle.

i've discovered songs that i had forgotten i own (*she likes me for me*)
i've discovered songs that take me back to when my brother would drive me to high school (*tangerine*)
i've discovered songs that i wish i had forgotten i own (*passenger seat*)
i've discovered songs that remind me of going to their concert with friends (*stick shifts and safety belts* *til kingdom come* *sad, sad city* *gravity* *the way i am*)

i've also discovered semi-disturbing themes in my music collection such as angry women artists and the sixties.

1 comment:

  1. awww...i love passenger seat.

    ...but probably for the same reasons you don't: sentimentality

    ReplyDelete