Monday, September 7, 2009

landlord, where are you?

on friday night, i noticed the light in my refrigerator was out. on saturday morning i realized that the refrigerator had actually stopped working all together along with everything else requiring electricity on that side of the kitchen. needless to say, everything in my refrigerator and freezer has spoiled.

yesterday, i went to turn off my overhead light/fan in my bedroom. i pushed the switch down, which usually successfully turns off the light/fan. not last night.

today i was relaxing on my couch and decided to turn on my candle warmer to mask the faint rotten smell wafting from the kitchen. after changing it to a plug that worked (which took a while to find these days), french vanilla quickly began to smell like slightly singed vanilla. knowing from my background in chemistry to trust my keen sense of smell, i lifted the candle off and saw that the plastic on the warmer had melted almost completely and had begun to burn a hole on the book is sat upon. i turned it off.

as i type now, the "f" key on the keyboard is sticking turning every "feature" into an "eature."

now i know that it is labor day, but will somebody PLEASE tell my furniture and appliances that they can't have the day off?

1 comment:

  1. Lol. Poor Jen. Did they ever fix the fridge? Your landlord kinda sucks.

    ReplyDelete